Dorset Race Equality Council
Who we are, What we do
Dorset Race Equality Council (Dorset REC) is a registered charity (No: 1104642) and a company limited by guarantee (No: 5018604). It is an independent and impartial membership body.
We inform and educate regarding race/ethnic relations to:
- Eliminate and counter misunderstanding and negative political propaganda.
- Raise awareness of race/ethnic equality issues with both public sector organisations and private businesses.
- Challenge prejudice and disadvantage and promote the importance of a diverse society.
- Inform minority ethnic individuals of their rights.
- Strengthen community relations in Dorset.
- Work with partner organisations to influence policy and combat racial discrimination and racial violence.
- Uphold both the letter and the spirit of UK and EU law.